How to Submit: Join the flicker group I've set up for this contest, and post your bestest, clearest photo of your submission. Voila! (Note that by submitting, you're giving me your permission to use your photo on this blog and to generally brag about how cool you are.)
Deadline: All entries must be posted to the flickr pool no later than midnight on September 1, 2010--that gives you slowpokes over a month to write (or choose) and stitch!
Prizes: While I'd like to wait and determine how the prizes will be distributed, so I can see how many entries of each kind we receive, there will be three prizes, and I will either award a prize in each poem category (original, child-verse, and quoted), or I'll award three prizes for overall awesomeness. Assisting me in this endeavor will be the lovely, crazy-talented Corinne from September House / So September. She's a far better embroiderer than me, so let's call her the "stitch-type judge" and I'll be the "words-type judge." Each winner will receive the following bunch of loot:
1. a 10" wooden embroidery hoop
2. a 7" wooden embroidery hoop
3. a 1/2-yard cut of gorgeous natural linen (perfect for embroidery/applique projects)
4. ten colors of dmc floss
5. a lined, 5.25"X8.25" Moleskine cahier notebook (for embellishing and/or writing poems in)
6. a Sakura Pigma Micron Pen
7. a roll of lovely washi tape from Happy Tape
8. a package of six assorted Little Pink House note cards with white envelopes
9. a Little Pink House beaded, wool felt flower brooch
I estimate the total value of each bunch of goodies at about $50.
Though actual submission takes place on the flickr pool, let me know with a comment on this post if you think you're going to participate. I can't wait to see who's in! And let me know, also in the comments, if you have any questions. This is my first time hosting something like this, and I know it's entirely possible I'm leaving out crucial details. Meanwhile, have fun dreaming up your hoop!