Monday, December 6, 2010

Advent Madness

Yup--here's your trusty Christmas correspondent, reporting from the land of a thousand advent calendars.
I'm not sure how we got to this point--we made some of them, and some were gifts. I'm pretty sure Mark and I bought only one--the Pooh magnet set, which is from before we were even married. They seem to multiply in the night.
One thing's for sure--we're not going to forget how many days there are until Christmas.

Each day, by the time we finish velcro-ing, magnet-ing, opening boxes, and positioning toys, not to mention eating the obligatory candies, it's pretty much time to go to bed, so I'm expecting the season to fly by. ;-)
Meanwhile, I'm off to try and sneak in a little non-advent-calendar work. Whew.

12 comments:

AfterGirl said...

If you store them in dark boxes for 11 months of the year, what else do they have to do but procreate? Happy Christmas!

Dory said...

I relate! After making a few myself it's hard to put the brakes on. :-)

Misha said...

We don't have any at all! Though I loved the one we had growing up. I love the Winnie the Pooh one and the cute little house! I wish I could find cute ones like that.

Melissa Crowe said...

Everyone who comes to my house always wants to get one of the Pooh calendars--it's so old that I'm sure it can't be gotten anymore, so we're treating ours with kid gloves!

And AfterGirl--right on. I know what I'd do to pass the time. ;-)

Corinne said...

How is it that I don't have a single one in my house when they are clearly so cute? I might have to go and get crafty or something.

Melissa Crowe said...

You must. make. one. now.

Tara said...

Great collection of calendars. i also love the Pooh one. And my boys have been wanting a Playmobil one for a while now. Maybe next year.

Erin said...

Um. Can we talk about the house? The swoonsome, swoonsome house. And is it weird that I want to be 3 inches tall and live in it? Maybe? Little bit?
x

ra_life said...

Wow! The house one is very cute.

We've never had a non-disposable advent calendar so this year I'm making one, day-by-day.

Melissa Crowe said...

Weird--in a good way, Erin. ;-)

Whosies said...

such a great idea to have a bunch-- the kids would love it! ok. fine. so would 2010-04-01

brand said...

Swiss luxury brand Piaget watch, well-known for its high-jewellery timepieces and complicated watches, had its launch party to introduce the 2010 novelties at the energy balance Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok last week.