Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sick Days and Holidays

 It's been all about the fall/winter cold here for the past couple of weeks. Picture me grading papers in bed, surrounded by tissues and lozenge wrappers. By Thursday, I was upright enough to cook the vegan feast and do a bit of sewing, but by that night, poor Miss A. was down--and she's still down, though gosh-darnit, she's not staying down easy. Today I fought with her for twenty minutes to put on clean pajamas instead of jeans and t-shirt after her shower. She's says I'm "punishing her for being sick." Oh, thirteen. You are a head-strong handful some days. But she's funny with a fever--yesterday she told me that after a fitful night's sleep, she woke up thinking she was a candy cane. Huh?
While everyone else in the house naps this afternoon, I'm in the studio, acting elfish, making lists of things to make. . . are you sewing/crocheting/beading/gluing/drawing holiday gifts? Aside from the music and food and lights and movies and general good cheer, the making's the best, right?

2 comments:

Miss Holly said...

Oh ...no one has to beg me to keep Jammie's on!!
I love your new pieces!!! They are wonderful!! I especially love the second one....
I have a million things on my list! New chair cover....working on my knitting skills....baby Christmas dress!! Still have some fall/ winter yard work....lots and lots!!!

Melissa Crowe said...

I know, right? I said, "THIS is a punishment? I wish it were my JOB!" ;-)

Thanks for your kind words, and good luck with all your projects!